Friday, September 14, 2007

Picnic in Frankfurt

Billy says:

Travelling from Dubai to Dublin, we had a few hours in Frankfurt. We decided to have a little picnic in the park. The place that seemed most fun to eat seemed to be the litte playground:


It was a good little picnic, with the classic bread-n-cheese, a little direktapfelsaft, water, and...


a good bit of silliness:


We enjoyed our sunny heathen times in good ole' deutschland, until the ole' polizei showed up. They just stood there, mute, looking mean.

Libby asked, "Can I help you?"
One of the cops gruffly replied, "How old are you?"
"Excuse me?" Libby asks.
"That is only for children."
"Sorry I didn't know that it's illegal to have a picnic."
"There's a sign; read it."
"Oh, I'm not used to reading German."

And what of this infamous sign?

We had to read it ourselves, in order to be well-informed, law-abiding citizens...








2 comments:

Gledwood said...

Hey that picture of a DOG drew me to your blog. Guess how? I was watching

http://play.blogger.com/

you gotta try it it's fascinating ... like TV made out of still pictures.

I liked your slideshow but the blog doesn't take comments! Why is that?!?

What were those grown men doing with buckets on their heads?

Well I just thought I'd stop by to say hi. Those stylish Germans even the dog they use on a sign has to be an unusual breed.

You're welcome to drop by my place someday if you like btw I'm at http://gledwood2.blogspot.com
you seem like someone who lives life pretty much to the full.

All the best 2u
from

Gledwood
vol 2

Gledwood said...

ps strange coincidence but my blog has today started speaking to me in german e.g. "sie koennen html-tags verwenden, zB b i a ..."